Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Lisa, Danny, Kate, Natalie, Luke...and Rosie and Olive, too! {Dallas, TX Photographer}{Turtle Creek Photographer}

Lisa has been working with Steve and I for almost a year now helping us develop a design plan for our home. She's incredibly creative and resourceful and is the owner of her own design firm here in Dallas (LDL Designs). Lisa's sister Julie is a friend of mine. All three of our sons go to school together.

I knew Lisa was talented, but when Julie told me that Lisa worked on Jerry Jones' home (the owner of the Dallas Cowboys) - I was even more impressed. Steve and I are super excited to begin working on a few of her recommended changes during my leave of absence. We've got lots of painting, construction, and shopping to do. I, for one, can't wait to get started.

Lisa and Danny have three children (Kate, Natalie, and Luke)...AND two well-loved dogs. They brought Rosie and Olive along to their family session. What a great idea! The smiles are always that much more genuine and heart felt when a pet is around. Just take a look.

FYI: I'm in love with Rosie and may have to get a puppy just like her for myself. Next week I get the results of my latest allergy testing, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that "Dogs" do not make the list this time around.


We traveled into Dallas for their family session out at Turtle Creek, and I'm so glad we did. I loved the location! So, so beautiful!

Lisa and her sister Julie grew up nearby and have fond memories of riding their bike to the pond after school everyday and feeding the ducks. Even today, Lisa visits the old neighborhood on occasion. Only this time she's putting her design skills to work designing the beautiful homes that line the pond.

I was so thrilled to see them all getting out of their car dressed so perfectly. Lisa planned their outfits with a portrait enlargement in mind for their living room and a wall display for their front entry. The colors she chose are a perfect compliment to their home's decor. When everything is framed and installed, I'll post a picture for all of you to see.

A big shout out to their cousin Sarah Jane who came along to assist with their two dogs! I still can't believe I didn't take a picture of you, Sarah Jane. You looked super fashionable. I owe you one!

And here they are, a very special family...Rosie and Olive included!









Lisa's oldest daughter Kate is also a photography enthusiast. She assisted me at a corporate event earlier this year and was a great help! I'm excited to see where her passion leads her.

Again, you will not see their "Christmas Card" family picture on the blog. Some things are worth waiting for. Love this one of Luke and Danny, though...


I've intentionally left off a few of my very favorite images from this session. Find out which ones when I post a full feature on the blog in January starring Rosie...and someone she loves a whole lot.

If you are looking for someone to help you design your home or commercial space, consider Lisa at LDL Designs. She can be contacted at ldlandfam@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. HI Tammy,
    I'm just getting a chance to read your blog. Thanks so much for the free design advertising! You were such a trooper dealing with our crazy dogs and traveling down to beautiful HP. We had a great afternoon with you and are thrilled with the pictures. Thank you also, for fitting us in before you took your much deserved leave of absence.
    As soon as I get my gallery wall finished, I want you to come check it out.
    Thank you again, Lisa

    p.s. You might have made my design career sound a little more glamorous than it is. I did get to work on the Jones' house but it was while I was pregnant with Kate. Unfortunately, it's been quite some time since I've had the opportunity to work on the lovely houses on Lakeside, but it sure was fun while it lasted. My how time flies...that's why I'm so thankful that your photos helped me freeze a little moment of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!