Thursday, November 13, 2014

Corrine is Two! {Melissa, TX Photographer}{DFW Photographer}

Terrible Twos?  I don't buy it.  I never have!

Oh, I know this age has it's struggles as we seek to mold and shape a little one's feverishly emerging personality and will.  But, overall, two year olds are ever full of joy, playfulness and wonder.  They grab life by the horns and enjoy the ride for all it has to offer.

Corrine is a perfect example.

She just recently celebrated her second birthday.  Happy Birthday, a couple days late, sweet girl!  And, in my opinion, she's flesh and blood proof that the twos are most definitely NOT terrible.  They are incredibly and undoubtedly TERRIFIC!

They absolutely are!

Spending time getting to know Corrine and scrolling through these images from her session was a wonderful little walk down memory lane.  My husband and I have raised two children who have both made it beautifully (and graciously unscathed) past their twos.  One boy - now 10.  One girl - now 8.

We are beyond blessed!

Before I share Corrine's pictures, I couldn't resist posting a couple images of our Stephen and Alden from when they were both two.



Stephen is still focused, determined and inquisitive.  Alden is still full of smiles and lovely silliness.

Spending time with Corrine was a great reminder of the wonder, the joy, the happiness, and the all-around AMAZING that is the twos!

OH HOW I MISS THOSE YEARS!

When did my children get so big?

I LOVED this age when my children were younger.  And, every time I photograph a small child my heart aches a little knowing that these days are long, long gone for our little family.

...until grandchildren enter the picture some day - Lord willing!

The twos are WONDERFUL!

It's the age when their little personalities really start shining through.  They are curious about everything. You start to see little glimpses of the little adults they will some day grow to be.  They are learning to be independent.  They are FULL of life - and generally love everything about it.

If we look past the power struggles and learn to see them for what they truly are (our children coming into their own), then as parents we can start enjoying the ride more and more.  If you are struggling with the twos, I encourage you to let it go and choose to focus on the wonder of it all.  It will be over before you know it.  Daily, these little two year old wonders give us a little push toward joy and happiness - if we let them - something we desperately need as the demands of adulthood threaten to suck the life and joy out of us.

I choose joy!

I choose to embrace more of what overflows naturally in almost every two year old I know.

WONDER

JOY

DISCOVERY

INDEPENDENCE

LIVING LIFE ABUNDANTLY

FREEDOM

. . . the list goes on.

Go ahead.  Take a look at these images of sweet Corrine.  Tell me you're not smiling from ear to ear by the end of this post.  Tell me you don't want to play.  Tell me you don't want to laugh.  Tell me you don't want to hunt for that long lost childhood stuffed pal of yours.

That, my friends, is the power of TWO.  The power to turn your frown upside down and reignite your passion and joy for life.

TWO.

It may just be my new favorite number!
















Isn't she a DOLL!!!!!

If that doesn't make you a believer, then I don't know what will!

. . . . . . . . .

There were lots of fun pictures with mommy and daddy and grandma and grandpa that day.  Those will have to wait until after Christmas cards are sent out.

Some things are worth waiting for!

. . . . . . . . .

Thanks for visiting my blog!  If you have not yet liked our page on Facebook, I'd be so grateful if you took the time to do so HERE.  And feel free to leave some birthday wishes for Corrine below.

Warmly,

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!